All electrical work performed requires an Electrical Permit from NEIC.
- Demolition of building – Zoning Permit
- If building is connected to sewer, the line must be capped and inspected by Sewer Department, call 570-473-1992.
- Replace existing all or partial fence with new in same location and at the same height – No Permit Required
- Install new or change location/height – Zoning Permit
- All pools require a barrier to unauthorized entry. In-ground pools require a fence. Above-ground pools require a fence or a removable ladder.
- NEIC Typical Above-ground Code Compliant Pool
- In-ground – NEIC Permit
- Above-ground with filter or any electrical component – NEIC Permit
- Above-ground – Zoning Permit
- All roofing projects – NEIC Permit
- No permit required.
- Please see Zoning Map and Chapter of Northumberland Borough Code Book for property setbacks.
NEIC – North East Inspections Consultants has guidelines on their website.